Friday Five Favorite Things

Happy Friday, friends! I hope it's been a great week for you. Here we are, already at the end of the first month of the new year. January is always a tricky month where it feels like it drags on forever yet goes by quick at the same time. Not sure how that's possible, but it is. I have been fighting a nasty cold for what seems like ages now. It's really been more like a week and a half but still not fun. Congestion hits me hard and I'll be happy when I can breath again.

Enough about all of that though, let's get into some favorites...

Never A Dull Moment: 

my sweet little C has been keeping me on my toes so much lately, which is always a kicker when you're not feeling well. What can I say, he's super cute so that makes up for it, and I know he's still learning and exploring all new things. If you saw my instagram you might have heard that I caught him elbow deep playing in the toilet bowel water that I'm about 95% sure his brother flushed after he went. My gagging refluxes kicked in when I thought more about it and quickly put this little one right in the sink for a bath. He was having the best time splashing around, in the toilet that is, and I'm pretty sure his little smirk shows that he knew he was up to no good. I'm sure we'll be looking back at this laughing one day and I'll probably miss these moments.

Getting Outside:

as much as January is not one of my favorite months, I am so thankful that it's been a mild one for us. Usually we are bundled up and running from the car to the house with freezing temps. This year, we've mainly been in the 40's with opportunities to get outside and enjoy some fresh air for a bit. We only had one dusting of snow this year and of course had to take advantage of that and run outside to enjoy it while we could. It all melted by that afternoon but it was pretty to see while it lasted. I have no clue what February has in store for us, but what I do know is, if we can make it past February I feel like we'll all be in a better place.

Valentine's Day: 

i shared earlier this week some easy ways to make Valentine's Day special for your kidsI was recently talking with a friend who mentioned she wants to make Valentine's Day special for her little ones but doesn't want to spend a lot of money or feel like she has to put on a big production. I get it. Most of the time we are exhausted as parents, working off of a budget, or wondering how we're going to fit something extra into our schedule. I want to share some easy and cost effective ways you can make Valentine's Day special for your kids without breaking the bank or feeling like you need to put on a Pinterest show.


Being Inspired: 

i also shared more about how I want to be inspired and what's been on my heart lately thinking more about this space. My hope is that you will always find this to be an authentic, relatable, and engaging outlet. I enjoy each and everyone one of your comments so much and it let's me know that what I'm sharing is of value to you when you take the time to communicate with me. Always a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a support.

Favorite Finds: 

This section includes affiliates links. Thank you for your continued support and happy shopping. 

if you've been tuning into my stories (always a big thank you for that as well) then you know my playroom project has been a big thing for me. We have a great sized playroom that unfortunately felt like a mess and a dumping ground for things. When I shared more about my thoughts for the new year I mentioned that organization was going to be one of my focuses. I'm happy to say it's been going well so far.

we turned this little nook area into a reading nook for the boys and I love, love, love, how it now has function and a purpose. It was an odd space that felt like you couldn't do much with it before, but it's amazing what a little creativity and some planning can do. I will do a full playroom post and reveal once it's all done. We have a matching nook area on the other side of the room that we are planning on turning into an art station that will take some time to get together. We have to build out a custom table so it might not be for a little while util that happens. I'll try to share some more progress as we move along and of course you can check out more in my stories!

I'm linking some of the items I have here because I've been getting a lot of messages about them and figured if they can help someone else out, then why not. The bookshelf was a piece we picked up for $10 at a yard sale when we were first putting A's nursery together. I decided to give it an update with some black spray paint to keep with the black and white theme we have going on. These floating shelves worked out so well to make this little book area easily accessible. I'm looking forward to switching the books up every now and them and making them themed around the holidays. This floor poof has been a great spot for them to sit down and read and I couldn't resist this, I'd rather be reading pillow cover. This hanging map works out really well above the bookshelf and I love that it's also a chalkboard so they can draw on it as well.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm headed to Charlotte with my mom and sister for a little girls weekend. If you've ever been I'd love to hear some suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Beautifully Candid 2017. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.