I Want To Be Inspired

Have you ever sat down and fully thought about your blog? I mean really looked at it. The ins and outs of it, what attracts people to read what you have to say, what are your popular posts—all of that good stuff. 

The same can apply to your life as well. Have you thought about your goals, the places you want to visit, the impact you want to leave on people? The list could go on. 

I think there's something special about the start of a new year that triggers most of us to start evaluating these things. It's that sense of a fresh start, and new beginnings. Regardless of where our short comings previously were, we have a new found hope.

I think at some point or another most of us have felt blogging burnout, life burnout, the need to relax and recharge—whatever you want to label it. It happens, and I think that's reality.

I was recently thinking more about this little space of mine and what it's meant to me over the years. I started looking back at some of my older posts and realized how far I've come, the countless memories that have been documented, along with the extensive hours that have been put into it. It's truly a job in itself. It also got me thinking that some of the content I've shared hasn't really been reinventing the wheel, or groundbreaking, or anything much like that. Sometimes it can feel repetitive, in a way.

When you search on Google or Pinterest it seems like there are countless article about how to grow your blog, expanding your instagram following, thoughts on motherhood, home decor, recipes, travel, and so much more. I had this moment of thinking, why am I even putting in my two cents about any of these topics?  

What I have learned in situations like this where my moments of weakness kick-in, are if you can change your thought process and perspective, you can always find a positive side to things. So that's what I did. Instead of saying, let's pull the plug on all these blogging efforts, I thought about ways that I want to be inspired this year to share more with all of you. 

Even if we feel there are topics or ideas that have been shared before, we all have a unique voice, writing style, purpose, and story to tell. While some of our content might not be ground breaking or produce the next viral post, we have thought and intent behind what we want to publish. I think that's the beautiful part of typing away at our keys and sharing what's on our heart.

In those moments of feeling like we've been there, done that, let's look for inspiration all around us. Even if we aren't sharing a topic that will appeal to the masses, or be wildly popular, we still have the opportunity to reach someone that might need to hear what we're about say. I think so much of that can be applied not only to blogging but everyday lives. Whether your focus is growing your instagram, a podcast, or maybe your relationships with family and friends, we all have something of value we can bring to the table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Beautifully Candid 2017. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.