Healthy Fall Treats For Toddlers


Until recently my little guy was always a great eater. It's like he knows he's now one and transitioned out of that baby phase into toddlerhood. Slow down buddy, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Even though he doesn't really understand fall and the upcoming holiday season I still want to include him in on the fun. 

I took some of his favorite foods that I know he will eat and added a fall twist to them. We recently went apple picking so making apple sauce was a no brainer. I added Strawberries and his not so favorite Spinach, and you know what? He loved both of them!

Stawberry Apple Sauce
Ingredients:
2 large apples
4 medium sized strawberries

Directions:
Peel apples and boil in a medium sauce pan until apples are soft. Cut the tops off of stawberries. In a blender or food processor (we used the baby bullet) blend apples and strawberries.

Spinach Apple Sauce
Ingredients:
2 large apples
1/2 cup of spinach leaves, fresh or frozen

Directions:
Peel apples and boil in a medium sauce pan until apples are soft. Boil spinach leaves with apples. If using fresh they will be ready really quickly. Add to boiling water and let boil for about 2-3 minute. Drain and add both apples and spinach to a blender or food processor. Blend together. 



My little guy loves fruit. Well most fruits. I saw a lot of different twists on healthier candy corn floating around out there but you know what, my little guy isn't loving pineapple and oranges just yet, so I went with what I knew he would love. Fall fruit and yogurt parfait with banana and cantaloupe.

Ingredients:
1 medium sized banana
1/4 of cantaloupe
1/3 cup of vanilla yogurt (we used organic baby yogurt)

Directions:
Slice bananas and cantaloupe. Fill bottom of bowl with cantaloupe, layer with banana, add yogurt on top.


My little guy would seriously eat a whole block of cheese if we let him (he takes after his mother). This is definitely a little cheesy (pun intended :) but instead of using cookie cutters for what they are made for, cookies, we put them to work on a slab of cheese. And there you have it a cheesekin! And kind of modified because out cutter was a little bigger than the slab of cheese.

Cheesekin
Ingredients:
Block cheese
Fall cookie cutters

Directions:
Slice a large piece of cheese from a cheese block. This will depend on the size of your cookie cutter. Mine was actually to large for the standard size block cheese that I had so I improvised and cut it in pieces. 

Happy fall everyone and I hope your little eaters aren't becoming as picky as mine. 

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link-up. These are great ideas. My 18 month old could eat applesauce on every thing. I definitely need to make those pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! He loved the flavored apple sauce and it makes me feel better that he is eating spinach now. Enjoy the pumpkins :)

      Delete
  2. What great ideas for little ones, I love that pumpkin out of cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Beautifully Candid 2017. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.