Off He Goes-First Steps


It happened. My little man is on the go! It's been about three weeks now that he picked up, took his first few steps, and pretty much hasn't sat down. I am excited. I am proud. I am also a little nervous. These little legs and feet have so much exploring and learning to do. But, I also have a big job of trying to protect him as much as possible. I know there are going to be falls, and bumps, and bruises...it's inevitable. In fact, we've already encountered a few. I guess it's never to early for that, right? Yesterday he made his way over to a dirt pile that the dog decided to dig, stomped in the dirt, stumbled over and then began to eat the dirt off of the bottom of his shoes. Lord help me.

If you caught our Friday Favorites posts you might have seen I've already had a mommy fail moment when it comes to remembering his shoes. If worrying about diapers, food, and everything else isn't enough, I now have to remember his shoes. My little guy has never been big on wearing shoes. We had a few cute slip on pairs that we would put him in that lasted all of about five minutes. He would rub his feet together until they fell off and that would be the end of that. No big deal we'll just put socks on him. Well, that lasts maybe two minutes until he pulls them off and tries to hide them. He loves bare feet. I don't blame him. But, where we live the change of seasons is just not going to cut it. Thankfully his first pair of walking shoes have been a hit and he hasn't figured out how to undo the velcro...just yet.

For now we are going to embrace the falls and stumbles, understand that he is going to get into things, ok more like everything. We are going to enjoy his new milestone and continue to be in awe of our little guy. 

Monday is mommy moments...here's where we are linking


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy!! I am already dreading the day that E starts walking... I think I'm going to be a blubbering mess! And those little shoes are so adorable! I can't wait til he needs to wear shoes- right now he's pretty happy with socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still a mess but just trying to realize at some point little things are going to happen. At least E wears socks so that's a good start :)

      Delete
  2. Awwwww what an awesome photo. My little one didn't like shoes either until finally she (well I ) found some that were super comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad to hear we aren't the only ones that had some shoe struggles.

      Delete
  3. Love the photo! My oldest didn't wear shoes much. My youngest never takes them off!:) Funny, how different they all are.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) That's funny that they both were so different with their shoe preference.

      Delete
  4. Awe! Such a wonderful and busy time! My daughter is 12 and still doesn't like shoes! Thank you so much for sharing on Meandering Mondays and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Beautifully Candid 2017. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.